Tuesday, April 27, 2010

VISA ASSISTANCE nigthmare

I had already secured all the requirements for the china visa.

1. NBI Clearance
2. Invitation Letter (2)
3. Chinese National Identity Card
4. Bank Certificate
5. Round-Trip Ticket
6. Employment Certificate
7. Business Permits (3)

They did not ask for the ITR, thanks God.. I am hundred miles away from home and I still have to transfer my records to Davao City from Sultan Kudarat (where I was enrolled to) which would take for more than a week.

I received the formal invitation letter from China on April 17, 2010 (Saturday) at about 1:00 PM.. I rushed to the nearest Internet Cafe Station around downtown. There was no electricity by that time, and I have to look around for a Cafe that has generator. Then I immediately went to the travel agency for the visa assistance and handed over all my requirements. They were not sure if they can process it before my flight. What I did was to rush in another agency again. But there was no assurance as well. I made a call to an agency in Davao and they assured me that they can give it to me before my flight. I immediately went home to pack my things up and hurriedly went to Davao. It was Saturday around 11:30 PM when I arrived. Early morning on Monday, April 19, I went to the 3rd agency which I called-up on Saturday. They accepted immediately all my requirements and assured me that Tuesday next week they can give me the visa. They also have a note posted that they process visa in 3 to 4 days... That Tuesday is also my scheduled flight from Manila to Shanghai at 9:30 PM. Then I went home after 2 days of staying in Davao.

On April 23, I called the agency to make a follow-up. To my surprise they said that I need to provide again a Bank Certificate amounting to a minimum of P50,000. Because I only have P46,000 on it. I hurriedly went to the bank and they provided me the certificate the next day. It is already amounted to P70,000+. I do an express delivery from terminal to terminal with a 3 hours interval.

On April 25, It was my birthday... I woke up and went to church. Upon reaching home, the agency called me just to say that I have to re-book my flight for 1 week. I startled. I do not know what to do. I was blaming them for not telling me earlier about the bank certificate, if they only have me informed on the 2nd and 3rd day, It should have gotten this far.

I called the airlines' hot line. I asked them how much would it cost me to re-book my fight in a given date. To my surprise, it was not just a hundred bucks, but instead a thousand bucks!! Its P11,000 charge for just a single flight... I do not know what to do. But in later part I re-booked it for an interval of 10 days. I did not tell my parents about the huge charges. Instead I only tell them that I just need to pay P1,000 for the fare differences. I lied! I do not want them to be burdened by this.

All my life, this is the only birthday that I celebrated bluntly. I was crying and hurting inside. Nobody knows. Only me. They gave me a birthday celebration yet I was not happy. Every minute, I was thinking of my visa. I was thinking that I failed my parents again. I feel that I was a failure.

Now, I am looking for any means just to cover-up 11,000 charge. I excused myself from my parents and went to General Santos City the next day. I was hoping that all my products will be sold there. So that I can raise that particular amount.

I was also hoping that the agency will do their part to render all their client's need. That they will not wait for the time that it will be too late. I hope that this will not happen again.