Tuesday, January 19, 2010

My Shanghai Ticket

I am a Registered Nurse and Pharmacist with no permanent job at present. I just finished my contract with
the Department of Health last December 31, 2009. They told me that I just have to wait for further notice if it will be served again by the Philippine government. Before I started working with the DOH, during my interview, the head of offices who happened to be the panelist secured us that the contract is renewable for 5 years in a row. Buy hey! We're in  the middle of January, but there were still no memo from the National Office. Grrr.... (where shall I get a penny for my food now?)..... Due to frustration, I made a decision to hunt for another job... I began searching the Internet and found one. It is located in Beijing China. The name of the institution is YANDA HEALTH CITY. Then, I hurriedly submitted a resume through email. According to their website www.yandaco.com, they will start operating this January 2010. I was still hopeful that I may be able to win the job and fly to China. But a part of my mind says that the job is already filled and I will never be called and get that job. After a week, I decided to find my luck again in the Internet. I checked my mail and to my surprise there was a promo flight to Shanghai China this summer, April 1- June 30, 2010. I booked a flight right away on the 18th of January and I was hopeful that this will be my chance to go look for a job around Shanghai and its nearby cities. My date of travel will be on April 27 and my ETA is 11:30pm. The cost of my round trip fare ticket from Manila to Shanghai is only Php6,931 only, inclusive of Travel tax. Now, what I have to do is to look for any job through the web so that the moment that I arrive there, It wont be that hard for me to look for a job. I wish that I may also be able to meet Filipinos there, and make some friends.